Chances are, if you’ve clicked through to this Cycling guide, you are already a keen cyclist, so we don’t have to convince you how wonderful it is to “get on your bike”!
If you landed here on the off-chance, however, let’s point out a few good reasons why you may want to consider taking a two-wheeled approach to life:
- Bike commuting in cities is quicker
- Exercise helps you sleep
- Cycling increases your circulation and increases collagen production – you’ll look younger
- Cycling helps build new brain cells – studies show it helps ward off Alzheimers
- It’s environmentally friendly
- You burn off calories and lose weight
There are a host more benefits involved in cycling – in fact the very useful website, BikeRadar, lists 30 of them in great detail: well worth a read if you need to be convinced or just want to confirm that you are doing the right thing! Click here to read the BikeRadar article.
Click for information on cycling routes in …..
USEFUL LINKS FOR SAFE CYCLING
- Beginner or just want to brush up your skills and confidence? Find a find a National Standards qualified cycle instructor in your area.
- Rules for cyclists from the Highway Code
- A video (from Somerset County Council) showing how to fit a helmet correctly
- An excellent run-down in pdf form from Devon by Bike detailing rules and etiquette for road cycling.
- Bicycle Maintenance made Easy by Sustrans